[Panel] politeness and rudeness

Kathleen Patton kpatton at showme.net
Mon Nov 18 02:15:12 CET 2013

Cats don't care one whit for our human standards of "polite" behavior,
as you must well know! :) They definitely have social behaviours, but
"politeness" is another matter.  "Politeness" is a human social
judgment. We may say a cat is "impolite", but that is our human view of
things, not the cat's.

Also, "behaviour" applies to all life, not just social species.